Saturday, March 28, 2020

Cinco De Mayo Salsa



Friday, April 29, 2011
The best Cinco de Mayo Salsa Dip
Cinco de Mayo is always a great time just about any where. The best thing about it is all the great food everyone makes. I make this salsa every time to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, and it's always a big hit. It goes great with just about anything, but fish taco's is the real hit. I also serve it during the rest of the year with chicken, my family loves it. I hope your family will love it also.
When making this salsa I use fresh, ingredients. The first thing I look for is a nice ripe mango and a ripe papaya. You will then peel both, getting out any seeds of the papaya, then chop both of them. I then dice about a tablespoon of a jalapeno and and about one third cup of a red onion. With the jalapeno, you can decide if you want the seeds or not, depending on how hot you like your salsa. Then you chop a half cup of red pepper. I don't use a green pepper, because it's all about color for me with this dish.
After everything is peeled, seeded, chopped, and diced mix it all together. Then add your tequila two tablespoons, and one tablespoon lime juice. You will gently stir your mixture and chill. Before you serve, salt and pepper to taste.
1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have made a salsa almost exactly like this and I get rave reviews every time I serve it to guests!:)

May 2, 2011 at 12:53 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment