Sunday, May 31, 2020

Ragin Cajun Fixin's Product Review



Well it looks like tonight's dinner will be inspired by,  Southern Louisiana. And to spice it up and to add a tone of flavor to it, I will be using products I received my Ragin Cajun Fixin's, based in Broussard LA.


RaginCajun Fixin's, is set in the center of South Louisiana-the core of Cajun Nation and fantastic cuisine. Since 1990, their goal from the first day they started was that their company was to deliver quality and authentic Cajun products. For the consumer, they offered ease with preparation, and that is still everyone's primary objectives today. Today, over 50 separate supermarket and food service items are products. In addition, they sell private branded products to a range of other businesses. Their licensed products can currently be located in big supermarket retailers and local grocery stores throughout the U.S.


Going to Louisiana is one state on my bucket list, I just love everything about it! So to get the opportunity to try products from the state, I am over the moon, and thrilled. I will be able to create my own authentic Cajun cuisines, right in my own kitchen.


Now if you are not familiar with this type of cuisine, it is a traditional mixture of Native American, Creole, and French cooking with Spanish, African and Indian influences. And with a mixture like that you can quarantee it's going to have a tone of flavors.





For my first dish I am going to make a shrimp Etouffee, with white rice. This recipe is a classic Louisiana stew, that you make with shrimp and a roux. But in my case I don't need to worry about the roux, because I received that from Ragin Cajun Fixin's. Now don't get this dish confused with shrimp Creole. Shrimp Etouffee is made with a gravy sauce that is thicker, compared to the tomato based sauce for a shrimp Creole. Ragin Cajun Fixin's does this for you, with their own fully cooked Etoufee sauce in a jar. The only thing I had to do was cook the shrimp, and rice, and put it all together. It can't be any easier then that. Not only was Ragin Cajun Fixin's Etouffee easy to use, it saved me hours in the kitchen, making my meal. The Etouffee is just the right consistency, not to thick, and not to thin. There is some spicy taste to it, nothing over powering, and added a ton of flavor to my shrimp Etouffee dish. The Etouffee sauce from Ragin Cajun Fixin's, would be great with seafood, or chicken. Everything you need is right in the jar. All the seasonings, and flavors, to give your dish a real Cajun taste. Just by adding a little water to the jar, I got my Etouffee sauce to the right consistency that I preferred. After that you just add it to your recipe, and your meal is complete. The Ragin Cajun Fixin's Etouffee sauce, comes already fully cooked, so there is little work on your part. My entire shrimp Etouffee dish, took approximately twenty minutes in all, including making the white rice. Everyone tonight enjoyed dinner. It definitely took us to the South. Ragin Cajun Fixin's Etouffee sauce, would also be great in a egg dish, or maybe as a burger topping, or even with a chicken dish. It's a very versatile sauce.




  Now my shrimp Etoufee was the starter course to our dinner tonight, because I had another product to taste from Ragin Cajun Fixin's. And this was their spicy sweet Jalapeno relish




Thinking out the box, I made a stewed tomatoes and topped it with Ragin Cajun Fixin's spicy sweet Jalapeno relish. The combo of both ingredients made a fabulous flavored stewed tomato dish. It was spicy sweet and the combo melded perfectly. As for the taste of the Jalapeno relish, if Jalapenos is your pepper of choice, you will definitely fall in love with this product. One taste of this Jalapeno spicy sweet relish from Ragin Cajun Fixin's, and you will see why this is one of their best sellers. The Jalapeno spicy sweet relish has the perfect bite, not to hot and not to sweet. The texture is also just the right blended size. You see the tiny bits of the Jalapenos all through the relish. There is a touch of sour taste to the Jalapeno relish, but overall, I think it's more spicy and sweet. It was a great surprise to everyone, when I put a dollop into the stewed tomato dish, but it complimented it perfectly, and was a great flavor booster. The Ragin Cajun spicy sweet Jalapeno relish, can also be used as is for a condiment, or mix it into your favorite dip, better yet include it in any recipe you wish to spice up!



Well my family really enjoyed tonight's Cajun meal, thanks to Ragin Cajun Fixin's.

If you are looking for great Southern Louisiana products, visit Ragin Cajun Fixin's website for more of their great products.





Disclaimer: Momzdailyscoops has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzdailyscoops has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzdailyscoops did receive a free product to try out so Momzdailyscoops could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzdailyscoops thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ.



No comments:

Post a Comment