Friday, June 5, 2020

Browning's Country Ham Review



It was a wonderful surprise to get a box of Country ham products from "Browning's Country Ham". The box was filled with wonderful ham products, of all different types and cuts, and some syrup and cheese as well.


The company has a long history, that began in 1970. Paul Browning and his wife Reba opened a restaurant in Paris, Kentucky. One day, Paul visited his father, William, at the family farm, and saw a few country hams hanging in the smokehouse to cure. It seems like William's hams had become more of a local legend, dozens of people across the community had signed up to purchase them every year. With a idea of serving the ham at their restaurant, it became, a gigantic hit. The hams went from the farm, to the restaurant, and then to handing the reins of Browning's Country Ham over to David Sponcil. Taking the ham, David brought it to new heights. Making new developments, and new promotions, and while doing all that, still delivering Browning's Country Ham with the same famous taste.


So today, all day, we are going country. From breakfast to dinner and in-between, each meal will be country inspired, using all the ham, and other products sent over by Browning's Country Ham!


Now if you know anything about being on a farm, or living in the country, like I have done, down south, the breakfasts are huge. And for mine, it was not going to be any different today. I am going to fill some bellies up, for the whole family.



For my first dish, I made banana French toast with walnuts, and poured over top Browning's "Always Maple Bourbon Infused Maple Syrup". The Kentucky Bourbon infused maple syrup, was so delicious. It was the perfect pairing for the French toast with banana's. The syrup is made with two great ingredients Kentucky Bourbon and Real Maple Syrup. The process that it takes to make this delicious syrup, takes a full six hours. And what you are left with is a wonderful flavor tasting syrup. It's, not to thin, not to thick, just pure perfectness. Now the "Always Maple Bourbon Infused Maple Syrup", is also a finishing glaze for Browning's ham products, as well. I would say that you can even use it for a dessert topping, or over baked chicken.




Now having egg lovers in the family I decided to make a fluffy egg breakfast with Browning's Country Ham "Grandma BabesSmoked Country Sausage". Serving it sliced and pan fried, was the perfect compliment to my breakfast platter. To slice the country sausage was so easy, the knife went through like butter. When, tasting the sausage, you can taste sage, which I love. Grandma Babe's Smoked Country Sausage, comes in a packaged cloth sack, which allowed the sausage to fully be preserved with the flavors of hickory smoke. In each bite, you also get that hickory smoke flavor, and it goes so well with eggs. But I can see slicing some and making a sandwich, later in the week. This sausage brings you back to a old fashion taste, sitting around a country farm table, before a hard days work. No store brand compares to fresh made sausage like this. Grandma Babe's Smoked Country Sausage has a very outstanding fresh flavor, that you will really enjoy, I know my family did.





I have some time before lunch, so with some of Browning's Country Ham "Biscuit Cuts", I am going to make some biscuit sandwich's. And in those biscuits, I am going to use as a ingredient, Browning's Country Ham "Slices". Now I get to taste two different types of Browning's Country Ham. As far as the biscuits,they came out so fluffy, and in every bite you get a chunk of the "BiscuitCut", ham. The taste of the "Biscuit Cut Cured Ham", is savory, and really held up in the cooked biscuits. They added a lot of ham flavor to the biscuit as well, and melded perfectly with my other ingredients. Tasting the ham before I added it into the biscuits, you get a hint of brown sugar, and the ham is very tender, not chewy at all. Since I have left over's of the Biscuit Cut Country cured ham, later in the week, I think they would be a fantastic flavor in some scalloped potato's. Also for the sandwich meat part of my biscuit sandwich's, I used Browning's center cut ham slices. These are made from Browning's Country Ham, traditional ham, then sliced and vacuumed sealed to keep them fresh and still full of flavor. I cooked them with some butter and brown sugar in a cast iron pan, and cooked them until they we're semi crisp. Perfect for my biscuit sandwich's. You can use these slices as I did, or even use them as a main meal, since they are sliced already. You get enough to make several servings. I must also add that these ham's are not salty at all, like some store brands, all you taste is pure fresh ham flavors. 





                                 
For a dinner appetizer, I made some meatballs using Browning's Country Ham already sliced Grandma Babe's smoked country sausage. They we're easy to form into meatballs, and I added no other ingredients to them. So in every bite, you only tasted the fresh flavor of Browning's sliced Grandma Babe's Smoked Country Sausage. The meatballs held their form for not adding any other ingredients, and we're very easy to pan fry, in a butter olive oil base. The taste was so fantastic, a little hint of smoke, and a whole lot of flavor.


Dinner is really coming together, and the family can't wait. But first I have to put it together with some side dish's, then the main course.




The first side dish I made was some baked beans using Browning's Country Ham thick sliced bacon. Can I get a Amen! What flavor, this dish had. I made the beans, by even adding some of the Kentucky Bourbon and Maple syrup, then on top I placed the thick cut bacon, and baked them in a cast iron pot slowly for two hours. All the drippings melded down into the beans, and mixed with the flavors of the syrup was a dream come true, for our taste buds. It was hard to believe that the beans only had two ingredients added to them, and had so much flavor. The bacon is thick slabs and crisped up well in the oven, I can't image how it will taste pan fried. I can see using it for candy bacon to. You really get a old fashion taste from the Browning's Country Ham "Thick Bacon Slices". Just watching the beans in the oven, the aroma and the look, made your mouth water. Oh I am having a blast with my old fashion country meal.



The second side dish I made was with cut up chunks of Browning's Country Ham center rounds. For the dish I made some roasted garlic brussel sprouts, and the chunks of the center round ham. These rounds of ham are so perfect, fresh, and full of flavor. They paired fantastic with the brussel sprouts and held up to the roasting. The dish needed no extra seasoning, the ham was the star of the veggie dish. It even crisped up nicely just like the brussel sprouts. But was still a nice bite, not over cooked at all. Crisp on the outside, and still soft on the inside.


The main dish was in two parts, and mac and cheese, and a ham steak slice.




For the mac and cheese, I used the Browning's Country ham, "Applewood Bacon", and the "Beer Cheese". Yea, I did that! Can I just tell you, it was the best tasting Mac and Cheese dish I have made in a long time. I semi cooked the applewood bacon before adding it into the cooked macaroni, then emptied the container of beer cheese in while the macaroni was still hot, and the cheese started to melt. Then in the oven until it was hot and bubbly. My house smells so amazing right now. The applewood bacon is so amazing. It's not overly fatty at all, and is perfect cut slices ready to use. The taste is smoky, and sweet at the same time, and gave the entire dish the same flavors. This bacon would be great any time of the day, but then again all the products would. I can use the left over applewood bacon for breakfast, or even in a BLT. Now as far as the beer cheese, it melted up so well and coated every piece of macaroni in my dish. The recipe for the Howards Creek beer cheese dates back to 1930, and it has the most authentic beer cheese flavor you'll ever taste. It's made with real dairy ingredients, and spice, along with garlic. And it has the most creamy, yummiest taste. The taste is mild not overly hot from the cayenne, but you do get a little kick, and melded so well with the applewood bacon mac n cheese. The Howard's Creek Cheese, is a creamy sharp cheddar, It was easy to use in the mac and cheese I made, but it would also pair great for cheese and crackers, or even on a burger.



The other part of the main dish was the slice of ham steak from Browning's Country Ham. For this I grilled it and made a mustard sauce for the glaze. The ham is boneless and easy to cook, and held up being grilled perfectly. It to comes vacuum sealed so you don't loose any of the distinctive country flavors. The process used to make the ham gives it a very homemade gourmet taste in country fashion. It's just amazing. It cuts like butter, and tastes out of this realm. It made my family dinner complete, and satisfying. You can cut this ham steak slice up, or serve it whole. It would not matter, how you cook it, it will come out the same, delicious an tender, and full of sweet tastes.


 If you want to find out about all the products from Browning's Country Ham, visit their website, or even on Amazon.

And cook your family a true Country Meal!






Disclaimer: Momzdailyscoops has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzdailyscoops has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzdailyscoops did receive a free product to try out so Momzdailyscoops could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzdailyscoops thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ.



No comments:

Post a Comment