Saturday, April 25, 2020

Hip Artisan Jam Review



It's always fun to incorporate different flavors into recipes I cook. And tonight I will be able to use some wine jams I received from Hip Artisan brand jams.


Here is what the company is about. As food and wine enthusiasts, that they are, the company is still hunting for new ways to experience them. They claim, "the diversity is the spice of life." Because wine and cheese go so well together, it was only appropriate to intensify the mix. With jams becoming their favorite topping, they found that incorporating wine improved the jams acidity and brightened its fruit tones. This blend has enhanced the value of their wine and jam combo.

I knew right off the bat, these jams we're going to make a wonderful addition in tonight's dinner. And I am so excited to begin.


First up is the mango vignoles wine jam, in which I will use as a topping for tonight's dessert. The ingredients sound awesome, sugar, sugar, Vignoles wine, mangos, lemon juice and pectin. Upon opening the jar, you get the sweet smell of a tropical scent. For information this is what vignoles wine is. Vignoles is a versatile hybrid wine grape variety. They yield healthy and fruity late harvest sweet white wines. In tasting the jam, you get the flavor of honey, white grape, and mango. It is a sweet, from the mango, and at the the texture spreads wonderfully. The jam would pair with many foods, and add additional flavor as well. With this wine jam I made a dessert topping for my angel food cake. It was fantastic.


Before dinner I used the raspberry rose wine jam, for a appetizer. I took crackers, toasted them, topped them with a little dab of parm cheese, toasted finely chopped pecans, and a dollop of the raspberry rose wine jam. Need I say, this was gone in a matter of seconds. It was my first attempt at this recipe, and I don't think it would have been a hit, if it was not for the raspberry rose wine jam. The ingredients in this wine jam are, sugar, raspberries, dry rose wine, lemon juice and pectin. When you open the jar you have the aromas of berries. It is a delightful jam, that would be wonderful in many different types of dish's you prepare. The taste is just simply put, divine. You get the taste of the wine, and the taste of the raspberry fruit, seeds and all. The color as well as the taste has a deep flavor, that just wows your palate. The wine in the jam brings out the taste of the raspberries. The raspberry rose wine jam is a lovely accompaniment, and I can't wait to use it again.



I am now, preparing my fish dinner. For the glaze I am using the bourbon peach jam from Hip Artisan BrandsJam. This is one of their brand new wine jams, with ingredients of sugar, peach, white grape juice, bourbon, lemon juice and pectin. It made a wonderful glaze for my fish. The taste brought you back to a summer day sitting on a porch in Kentucky, surround by fruit trees. The jam is full of peach flavor with hints of the bourbon, cinnamon, and vanilla. The texture is smooth, and made a wonderful glaze on top of the warm fish. The bourbon does not give it a boozy taste at all. I was very pleased with the outcome of my recipe. I could see incorporating this into many different types of dish's. Or simply just on a slice of toast with a cup of morning coffee.


If you would like to try these unique wine jams from Hip Artisan Brands, please visit their website. They have other flavors to try, which I am sure are just as great as the one's I have reviewed.


Disclaimer: Momzdailyscoops has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzdailyscoops has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzdailyscoops did receive a free product to try out so Momzdailyscoops could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzdailyscoops thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ.


No comments:

Post a Comment