Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Simply Jam Product Review


For Wednesday's dinner I will be incorporating some Jalapeno Jams, from Mike and Julia Stewart. They are the owners of "Simply Jam". Located in Litchfield County CT.


What started out as gifts for family and friends, and their love of Jalapenos, turned into a business that produces delicious jams.

So tonight from the appetizer, to the dessert, I will use the Jalapeno Jams, sent by "SimplyJam".

The first thing I wanted to make, was something I first had years ago at a play date with my daughters friends. I had never had it, but when I tasted it I feel in love. 



That is, taking a block of cream cheese, and pouring pepper jelly over top, serving it with your favorite crackers. So as I prepare the rest of the meal, that is what everyone is having. Cream cheese with the hot Jalapeno jam. Simple to make, simple to eat! Just slice and spread on the cracker. Now don't panic that there is Jalapeno, in the jam, because you get sweet and spicy at the same time. It's a double whammy of taste, on your taste buds. The heat comes a little after the sweet, and with the cream cheese it all balance's perfectly. The jam in the jar is a colorful confetti, that really does invite you in, to taste it. Now I used cream cheese, but the Hot Jalapeno Jam could be used in many recipes.

Now as the main course, I made some chicken breast, roasted in the oven and glazed with the Simply Jam "garlic jalapeno jam". This also looks like confetti in the jar. You can see the jalapeno and the garlic through out. Right before the chicken breast was done, I took a pasty brush and brushed each breast with the jam. Also I did not add any other seasoning to the chicken, therefore the flavor and the taste would strictly come from the jam itself. Another perfect combo, the jam not only made a wonderful glaze, but the garlic flavored the chicken breast. The chicken was fully packed with flavor in every bite. It was sweet, with the heat coming afterwards.


To end the evening, I made tiny brie cheese bites, topped off with the Simply Jam "Raspberry Jalapeno Jam". Using phyillo cups, I filled each one with the brie cheese, and baked them for three minutes. After, they cooled slightly, I topped each one with the Raspberry jalapeno jam. Through the jar of this jam you can see all the seeds from the Raspberries, and the flecks of the jalapeno. And to serve it on another warm recipe, was the perfect way to end the night.


For more information of Simply Jam, visit them at their website. You will find more products, recipes, and store locations where you can find the products, as well as online.




Disclaimer: Momzdailyscoops has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzdailyscoops has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzdailyscoops did receive a free product to try out so Momzdailyscoops could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzdailyscoops thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ.


2 comments: