Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Canterbury Naturals Product Review





This morning a box came, and when I opened it, inside we're five bags of products. The products are from CanterburyNaturals, and they are fast or slow easy prep meal kits, and one kit for a artisan salad.


The brand's dedication to the usage of high-quality, convenient foods fulfills the goal of their business to provide healthy food for a successful life. They do use organic products without trans-fats, chemical chemicals, preservatives or coloring agents. Their goal is to develop their company with quality goods.


Their artisan salad mixtures are filled with whole grains. Any salad mix has a whole-grain foundation of either ancient grains or whole-grain pasta. Also the products are non gmo verified, so you know you are eating quality meals. And they with up-hold very high value for their customers, offering them their best products, made with integrity.


I was happy the box came early this morning, this gives me the opportunity to try all the meal kits and the artisan salad today!


For lunch I am going to make the fast or slow easy prep meal kit of the white chicken chili. It's a easy kit to use, by adding some left over chicken I had, some chicken stock, a can of diced tomatoes, and a can of green chilies, and the meal kit, all in a slow cooker. The bag comes with the beans, and a packet of spices, so that I won't need. What's nice is on the back of the bag, it gives you all the ingredients needed to make the meal kit. And the directions as well. The bag serves a family of six, and if you don't use the entire bag, it is resalable. This meal prep kit is a new addition to Canterbury Naturals, so I am excited to taste it. Now in order to use all the meal prep kits I am going to cook this in my slow cooker on high for 5 hours. That way it will be done by lunch time. It is now 7am.



Well it is now 12 noon and the white chicken chili meal is done. The house smells amazing, and I am looking forward to tasting the meal. The packets of seasonings, added a ton of flavor to the chili. The broth is light and very flavorful with a hint of Latin flavors. You really don't need to add any additional spices to the meal prep, but can if you wish. You can make it spicy by adding cayenne, and also add some cilantro to it. But for me it was just perfect. The beans came out perfectly tender, and the chicken sucked up all the aromatics from the packet included with the meal prep. This is a great way to cook for camping, or any type of traveling. The ingredients you need to add are not many, and the whole process is very convenient. The white bean chili, taste like you worked all day to make, a great comfort meal on a chilly day, or any day really!


Now for dinner I will make a three course meal. I will start with Canterbury Naturals artisan orzo cucumber salad, then the white bean and ham hock fast or slow soup, and the main course of Canterbury Naturals fast or slow classic beef stroganoff.


So to start the artisansalad, all I need to add is some simple ingredients. some parsley, some cucumber, and the orzo veggie blend with spices from the meal kit. I will also use a oil based salad dressing to dress the salad when I am ready to assemble. Again on the back of the package there is all the instructions, that you will need. And if you don't want to use the entire bag, you can reseal it. This salad is very healthy for those who are on any kind of special diet. The salad ingredients are a medley of whole grains, and whole wheat orzo. Now if you wish you could also make this artisan salad mix and serve it hot. It makes a great side dish, or even a meal in itself. So now that the orzo is done cooking, I am going to let it cool in the fridge for approximately one hour, then assemble. It's now 5pm and I am ready to start assembling my salad. The salad was fast and very simple to make, the taste is very clean and very fresh. The taste of the orzo is very earthy, and the veggie blend of carrots, onion, bell pepper, and celery all brings the salad together. This is a very portable meal kit, that you can take on the go, after pre cooking it. Take it to work, school, or anyplace you need a quick healthy meal. The family was very pleased with the salad and we are all looking forward to the next course.


While I prepped the salad, I had the white bean and ham hock soup from Canterbury Naturals soup collection going in the crock pot. I put this on after lunch. And for the main course, I tend to make, the fast or slow easy prep meal kit of the classic beef stroganoff from Canterbury Naturals. This I will make in my instant pot, so that the two meals would be done at the same time.


Now that dinner is ready, its time to first taste the white bean and ham hock soup. For getting this ready for the crock-pot, all I did was finely dice some ham, add water, and the fast or slow prep meal kit. You have to make sure that you rinse the beans, and pick through them before adding them to your crock-pot. Then you just add all the ingredients as the directions state, and cook. I did mine on high for 5 hours. This was fast and simple, and would also make a great meal for traveling. Now as far as the ham goes for the meal you can also use a ham hock if you choose. And also note that this soup can also be prepared in a instant pot as well. Again the ingredients had a very fresh and clean taste to them. The pouch provides a meal for six servings easily. The fast or slow meal kit white bean and ham hocksoup, was hearty and truly satisfied our bellies. It tasted like I cooked the soup all day, when in fact it was super fast. The ingredients as far as the beans go we're great northern, just like in a traditional recipe. The flavor packet provides the chicken broth taste, along with garlic, onion, and other ingredients you would normally add to a soup of this kind.


Now the main course which I could make super fast, by cooking in a instant pot. Please take not that all of Canterbury Naturals fast or slow meal prep kit's can be used in a instant pot. The kit made a great meal for my family, and it would be great to serve to friends as well. Now to do this in the instant pot, I made the classic beefstroganoff as follows. The first thing I did was put the instant pot on sauté medium and let it warm up. As the instant pot was doing that I cut my stew meat up into bite size pieces, and coated them with flour. After shaking the flour off some, I placed the meat into the instant pot, and browned the meat. Then I removed the meat, and added in some sliced fresh mushrooms, and sautéed them for approximately three minutes, stirring them around the pot a few times. After that was done, I turned the instant pot off, and pressed the soup button. At that time all the ingredients went into the instant pot, the meat, beef stock, mushrooms, meal prep ingredients, which includes your noodles and seasonings. I did not yet add the sour cream. I cooked the meal for 4 minutes, and did a natural release, on the instant pot. Turning the pot off I then mixed in my sour cream, which was one cup. And that was it. In 4 minutes I had a complete meal for my family, that other wise would have taken longer. Every thing turned out perfect, the meat was tender, the seasonings well balanced, and the noodles perfectly done. The taste again was very clean, and the flavors fantastic. It was enough of a meal to fill our bellies, with a comfort meal dinner for sure.


This was a fun night making these fantastic quick and delicious meals. Canterbury Naturals has many to choose from. They offer Artisan Soups, Artisan Salads, and Fast or Slow meal kits. Not only are the products fresh tasting, your family will think you we're cooking all day! For more information on how to get your products visit their website.





Disclaimer: Momzdailyscoops has personally reviewed the product listed above. Momzdailyscoops has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Momzdailyscoops did receive a free product to try out so Momzdailyscoops could evaluate and use it for her review. Momzdailyscoops thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ.


No comments:

Post a Comment